Intelligence and Security Culture / Intelligence și Cultură de Securitate (ICS)
ICS is an annual, open-access proceedings volume, dedicated to publishing research presented during the Intelligence and Security Culture Conference. ICS is published in printed format at “Mihai Viteazul” National Intelligence Academy Publishing House (ISSN 2971-8139, ISSN-L 2971-8139) and online (ISSN 2972-1350). The published articles are available individually on the ICS website, in Secured PDF format, and their access is not conditioned by the creation of an account or the payment of a fee for this purpose – open access policy.
Objectives and aim
The aim of the publication is to promote the results of the research carried out by Romanian and foreign doctoral students in the field of Intelligence and National Security or in related fields (e.g. political science, communication science, military science, history, international relations). The publication also accepts and encourages contributions from MA and MSc students or graduates who want to apply for admission to a doctoral program.
Topics of interest: governmental intelligence, competitive intelligence, history of intelligence services, cyber intelligence, intelligence analysis, the role of collection disciplines in intelligence activity (e.g. OSINT, HUMINT, SIGINT), disinformation and propaganda and others related topics.
Deadlines for submitting proposals for publication
The deadlines are announced during theannual call for papers. Usually, ICS Conference is held in May or June. Hence, the deadline for abstracts is in between February and March and for in-extenso articles is between April and May.
Scientific Committee of the ICS (Advisory Board)
- Professor Ioan Deac, PhD – “Mihai Viteazul” National Intelligence Academy
- Professor Irena Chiru, PhD – “Mihai Viteazul” National Intelligence Academy
- Professor Adrian Lesenciuc, PhD – “Henri Coandă” Air Force Academy
- Assoc. prof. Răzvan Grigoraș, PhD – “Mihai Viteazul” National Intelligence Academy
- Senior researcher Cristina Ivan, PhD – “Mihai Viteazul” National Intelligence Academy
ICS Organizing Committee (Editorial Board)
- Senior researcher Ruxandra Buluc, PhD – “Mihai Viteazul” National Intelligence Academy
- Lecturer Ileana Surdu, PhD – “Mihai Viteazul” National Intelligence Academy
- Teaching assistant Mădălina Lupu, PhD Candidate – “Mihai Viteazul” National Intelligence Academy
- Teaching assistant Cătălina Frăţilă, PhD Candidate – “Mihai Viteazul” National Intelligence Academy
- Teaching assistant Dana Drugă, PhD Candidate – “Mihai Viteazul” National Intelligence Academy
- Teaching assistant Cristian Condruţ, PhD Candidate – “Mihai Viteazul” National Intelligence Academy
- Daniel Ioniță, PhD Candidate – “Mihai Viteazul” National Intelligence Academy
Instructions for authors
- Papers will be drafted in compliance with the guide for authors and sent to email@example.com according to the annual calendar of the conference.
- The abstract is written in English and the papers in Romanian or English.
Editorial process (peer review)
- The articles are peer-reviewed by the ICS’s Scientific Committee (Advisory Board).
- In the first phase, the abstracts are checked by the Organizing Committee (Editorial Board). As a result of this verification, the author of the abstract may be accepted or rejected for participation in the ICS conference. If the abstract is accepted, the author has the obligation to submit the full version of the manuscript prior to the date of the conference, according to the annual calendar.
- After the submission of the full manuscript, it is evaluated by the Organizing Committee (Editorial Board) for compliance with the ICS topics and is subjected to an anti-plagiarism verification. If both criteria are met, the manuscript is sent to the Scientific Committee (Advisory Board) of ICS for peer-review. The sistem used for plagiarism check is sistemantiplagiat.ro.
- The review process can have four results: accepted without modifications; accepted with minor modifications; accepted with substantial modifications; rejected. The results of the review are communicated to the authors.
- ICS only accepts papers that represent authors’ own contributions, unless there are explicit permissions and appropriate citations.
License Terms – Articles are published in accordance with Creative Commons CC BY– SA 4.0.
Copyright – Copyright is entirely the responsibility of the authors.
Fees for authors – ICS does not charge fees for the transmission, processing or publication of articles.
Archive policy – ICS proceedings volume is archived in „Mihai Viteazul” National Intelligence Academy Library.
Contact – Prof. Ioan Deac, PhD, Director of the Doctoral School of Intelligence and National Security, firstname.lastname@example.org.